Tuesday, February 14, 2012

All of the "wish project" videos are finally online. Each took about two hours of post-production work: trimming clips, adding transitions, titles, soundtrack and credits. The files are a little larger than I would like, but I think the project came out really well.
CC Mixter Log
Near the end of the project, I switched from using the Free Music Archive to using a site called ccMixter. The ccMixter site has a great selection of instrumental tracks for videos and, unlike FMA, I didn't find any that had "no derivatives" as part of their license. Adding music to a movie is considered a derivative work and is not allowed under a "no derivatives" license. I am thinking about ways that students could use instrumental music tracks into their projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment